Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Welcome to new contributors

I should lay down a few ground rules before we begin. Since we already have two contributors (myself and Frank), there is no reason why we should not get started. But let me suggest a few guidelines:
  • To ensure consistency, we will use this online Greek New Testament for reference
  • Deal with one verse at a time
  • Do not move on to another verse until the discussion has reached a natural conclusion. You may feel the issue is settled, but others may want to respond
  • Try to give a clear, non-generic heading to your post, so it is clearly identifiable, e.g. My response to the debate over euangelion
  • Transliterate Greek words into English rather than using the original characters
  • Put transliterations of the text in italics
  • Put your own translations in bold
  • When quoting the text or other contributors and sources, use the blockquote function
  • Use links to sources where possible, including links to the original text when specific Bible verses are referenced

2 Comments:

Blogger Trevor Jenkins said...

Tony Fisher has some useful material on his web site in addition to the prefered edition of the GNT. Sadly Fisher died in 2000 and none of his projects has been developed since. There has been an advanced notice on the GNT page http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~fisher/gnt/ that it is likely to disappear by 2006. Apparently they have had some offers to home it elsewhere but nothing definite.

12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Dave, I was just cruising searching for the latest information on New Testament and came across this great blog. Although this post wasn’t quite what I was looking for, it has excellent articles. I see now why I found your page when I was looking for New Testament related topics. I’m glad I stopped by this is a great Blog, keep up the good work. You are most welcomed to visit my site at New Testament

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home